Tuesday, July 3, 2007

the new ride (complete build)

The build is complete:

I've been on it five times. Nearly twelve hours, 216 miles. I like it.

The fork has kind of weird feel that I'm not sure what to make of yet. When I'm going over bumps at slow speeds it feels really soft, like more is bending than I would like it bend. However, at high speeds--down hills, around corners, etc.--it feels solid, stiff, comfortable. I keep checking to make sure my steerer tube is tightly locked up in there, and it appears to be, so I don't know what to make of the low-speed softness.

But the most important thing is that this bike feels fast! Granted, anything new would likely feel fast, but it's gratifying (and a bit of a relief) that this one does. The Double Tap shifting works flawlessly. The rival brakes feel solid and comfortable. The frame feels strong and stiff when climbing and sprinting. So far, I'm completely satisfied.

No comments: