What a day. I woke up to about two inches of snow and it is still (I just confirmed from my window) snowing. So what's a snow-lover to do? Options:
(1) Ski (downhill) all afternoon.
(2) Ski (cross-country) all afternoon.
(3) Rip tracks all over town on the mountain bike.
(4) Rip tracks in the hills on the mountain bike.
(5) Load either (a) tele gear or (b) cross country gear on the pack, ride the mtb up in the hills, ditch the bike, ski.
(6) Go night skiing.
(7) Some combination of 3 & 4.
(8) Some combination of 4 & 5.
(9) Some combination of either 3, 4, or 5 and 6.
A parenthetical thought:
How would you write that last bit formally? Like this?
((3 or 4 or 5) and 6)
Can you make the "U" sign and the arched, upside-down "U" in html? Maybe it can be written like this:
((3 ^ 4 ^ 5) U 6)
Hmm... That looks pretty lame.
The choices... It's almost too much to bear!
Bringing the girls into school today, and then again at the office, I've had to listen to every variation of moan and groan about the snow. And here I am, just about bursting with glee. The same environment experienced with such radical difference. Come to think of it, that reminds me of a conversation (it was barely a conversation--they're masters of dodge and evade) on politics with my parents Sunday.
Don't let the soggy-bottomed boo-hooers get you down. It's snowing, man. Get outside and play!