Wednesday, January 2, 2008

winter

Went down three times today on icy Ridge Road. Once right in front of a hunter. Awesome.

Also, somehow neglected to stuff my goggles and (the mysterious) balaclava in my pack.

Coldest. Ride. Down. The. Mountain. Ever.

Stopped twice to warm my penis (admittedly, remembering the goggles or balaclava would have done nothing to keep my penis warm). A small leaf hit my cheek at 30mph. Hurt like you wouldn't believe. Had I not shaved my winter fur a week ago (or had I remembered the balaclava--or the goggles) this pain could have been prevented.

Otherwise it was a nice ride. :-)

...

Currently listening to A Confederacy of Dunces. Marvelously funny. At one point on my ride I came around a bend laughing loudly--I think it was Ignatius' attempt to lead the factory workers at Levy Pants to insurrection. A Mennonite woman crossing the street to collect her mail probably thought I was laughing at her. I tried to play it off with a sheepish wave and a warm smile. I was not likely very convincing.

2 comments:

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

Stopped twice to warm my penis (admittedly, remembering the goggles or balaclava would have done nothing to keep my penis warm).

Do they sell special warmers?

Had I not shaved my winter fur a week ago (or had I remembered the balaclava--or the goggles) this pain could have been prevented.

I hope you're talking about your beard.

goat said...

I've been thinking of making a fleece-lined jock.

My only concern is that the overlap of straps and stitching at the bottom of the jock pocket will be uncomfortable, smashed as it will be between taint and saddle.