Monday, December 31, 2007

a few weeks ago...

...we had this pretty killer ice storm. I guess this sort of thing is normalish in PA, but it's new to me.




These pictures were all taken near Big Flat in Michaux. From the last picture you can perhaps see the precarious state of the riding conditions--one half inch of ice on all the smooth-ish surfaces. I rode to and from via roughish trail, which allowed a good deal more traction than would have the dirt roadways, but with all the fallen trees and branches even that was an abnormal adventure.

...

On the bike, notice the new front disc brake I recently installed. There's a new front wheel to go with it. That front wheel has a rear companion, but only after I had ordered everything and installed the front brake & wheel successfully did I notice my frame doesn't have mounts for a rear disc brake. Disheartening...

If you're interested in a perfectly new and unused rear wheel (FSA XC-300) and disc brake (Avid BB7) they're yours. Otherwise they go on eBay this spring.

...

The new goggles (it's hard to explain how good I feel about new goggles)...

...and the cold-weather digs:

Those neon green booties... I bought them in '89 or '90. I thought you'd like to know.

1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

How much for the wheels? You can hit my blog and send me an e-mail from there if you'd rather take this private.