Sunday, June 23, 2019

#thelobsterroll, day 3

I’ve had tremendous difficulty composing a blog post for today. I’ve written a couple thousand words, but haven’t been able to sort them in the appropriate order.

And now I’m very tired. And I’ve eaten too much. And I need to grade papers (because I do actually work for a living).

So, instead of lots of writing, I’m going to send you to my guest appearance on Pie Guys (just go with it).



Follow THIS LINK, click play. Enjoy.

...

Our long day. 114 miles, 8,200' of climbing. The route today was 100 percent.
Early on. Spirits high. Actually, I think they stayed pretty high all day (we started slower and it made a huge difference).

These New England towns are just adorable.

Crossing the Hudson. (Ok, so the last picture wasn't technically New England, but I think close enough.)



A delightful surprise. Brian's family waiting for us at our lunch stop.

More New England delights.

No more Clif bars for me; I've taken to just eating pie at our rest stops.


Generally how I feel after six hot hours in the saddle.


This place was everything I could have hoped for. A+.

1 comment:

vfg said...

Eating a sour cherry cobbler as I read/watched! (It was perfect Sunday, 2 days later...eh, much lower on the scale)