Monday, March 11, 2013

southern x

So a few weeks ago Paul and I road-tripped it down to northern Georgia for the Southern X.  Lots of fun. 

I was having a nice little run of it until about halfway through and then I began to feel like I really had been sick all week (I was trying my best to forget).  My 8th place became 12th.  Warm clothes and 400mg of Ibuprofen became all the incentive I needed to finish quickly.

Anyway, this shot was taken on my way up the second big climb, a few miles after I realized I was in real trouble, but still had well over an hour of racing to go.


The picture was posted on Facebook, by someone I didn't know.  But someone who knows me tagged my image, and then this:


Anyway, finished 12th on the day, but 7th in the under 40 (yah for not being 40!), which was good enough for a new pair of gloves and a podium shot.  :-)

On the way back Paul and I enjoyed some lovely camping, BBQ, and mountain biking in the mountains of North Carolina, and the whole experience left me wanting more, more, more.

No comments: