Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm a winner!

Of auctions. Two of them.

I'd been commenting (complaining) that I have been bidding on and off for years, but have never won anything on eBay. Sunday, I won two auctions. (Which is to say that I shopped victoriously.) Also, that dude with the brakes took me up on my offer. So now I've spent way too much money. And I'm a little ashamed. (But just a little.)

What did I get? It's show and tell time.

(1) A Dura-Ace 7800 crankset...

...for the TT rig. I built it up with what I had on hand, which was a Rival compact. Compact cranksets are not for TT bikes. Now I'm on the lookout for a real TT frameset. ;-)

(2) The Negative Gs...

Again, the TT bike has some very old (circa 1990) 105 calipers on it. Brakes that came off my '90 Specialized Allez Epic. I think I'll put the Negative Gs on my road bike and my Rival calipers on the TT bike.

(This was totally a luxury impulse buy. Or, better put, an impulse negotiation buy. I made an offer that I didn't think would be accepted. But when it was...)

(3) Finally, a third Specialized to add to my arsenal.


Except the one I bought is a more charcoal/quasi-black color. My Trek Fuel broke. I decided to replace it with a hardtail. I'm pretty stoked.

...

As you can see, being injured has not been cheap.

...

I am finding this idea increasing interesting.

No comments: