Tuesday, April 24, 2007

new cycling exploits

A month ago or so we bought this:


Last Saturday:


Marian is considerably easier to tow, but gets bored quicker than Audrey. Falls asleep. On Friday, Audrey let me tow her all the way up here:


...but of course there's no longer snow up there. She made up poems and recited them to me while I huffed and puffed up the 1000+ vertical feet of dirt road to the top of South Mountain. But Audrey doesn't really fit in the trailer very well.

In general, I'm impressed with the trailer. It's hard to go too fast, because besides being heavy, the trailer is shaped like a parachute. But down hills you can get moving along pretty quick. Down from South Mountain we were moving at over 30 mph, on a dirt road, around lots of corners...the combination of which--and the fact that at the time I hadn't even considered that this might be dangerous--leads me in hindsight to question my fitness as a parent.

But we had fun!

1 comment:

DAJ said...

Nathan:

I just stumbled across your blog, and it's good to read your reports from the front.

If I may ask, is that a Chariot trailer? I've been looking at getting one for Rohan, but I haven't actually fiddled around with one in person. Is it continuing to work out for you?

Sincerely,
Dahron