Wednesday, September 24, 2008

fall has fallen

I saw my breath when I left the house this morning--the weight of autumn descending like a dark cloud of impending doom.

Well, maybe not doom, but I wasn't too thrilled about it. I'm told by people who predict these sorts of things that PA is in for a hard winter with larger than average snowfalls. Let's hope that's true. Winter's redemption is snow. But if it's another blah winter with occasional snow skiffs and ice storms and continual gray skies...then crap.

...

A shot from the bike games last Saturday:

I'm amused by my expression in that photo. I suppose it captures the frustrated urgency of the moment--riding on a flat tire, too far behind the leaders...that sort of thing. Next time I'm going to stick out my tongue or something. One shouldn't take one's self so seriously.

No comments: