Monday, August 10, 2009

some people's (would be) president

Sarah Palin, that stalwart of reason and sense, wrote this on her Facebook page the other day:

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society’ whether they are worthy of health care."

Oh. My. Word.

Notice how tricky she is, though. She hasn't said that Obama has actually proposed this "death panel" (whatever that is), which would be a lie, of course. But the language leads the reader to believe that Obama wants this weird thing (a thing so weird I don't even know where it's coming from).

Look, I can play this game too:

The America I know and love is not one in which small children are forced to watch the torture, maiming, and eventual slow and painful murder of soft, cuddly white bunnies at the hand of Sarah Palin and her 'death professors' in order to teach them the 'biology of pain economics.'

You like that? I didn't lie either.

Palin, you are the lunatic fringe. Well, a lunatic for sure. I'm merely hopeful that you stay on the fringe.

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Wow, just, wow.

Even the rabble-rousing extremist talk radio guys won't say stuff that crazy.

At least you know where Palin stands (and how wacked out she is). The one's who really frighten me are the spin doctors who say pretty words that sound right but are lies. How did we get embroiled in Iraq?

Less evil but still annoying are those who speak pretty words that sound good but mean nothing. Every time I've heard Pelosi speak I don't know what she just said. Because she said nothing. Pelosi is a good example, but sadly most politicians practice this "sound good, mean nothing" craft.

Anonymous said...

Most of politics have become a "look at me" ego trip. If they aren't getting enough attention they say something more absurd. What's wrong? Too many people propagating and "reporting" the nonsense that gives them the attention they feed on. It's the "wana-be" syndrome gone wild -- and fed by the society that wants them to be.

ELG